M&M Refrigeration LLC (“M&M”, “we” or “our”) is committed to protecting any personal information that we maintain. This privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”) describes the types of personal data we may collect through software and associated websites and mobile applications, how this information may be used, the steps we take to protect it, choices you have regarding our use and disclosure of personal information about you, and other information about our privacy practices.
This Policy is divided into sections for the convenience of the reader:
- What types of information are collected through this software, site or mobile application?
- What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?
- How is my information used?
- What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information about me?
- Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the website or mobile application?
- How may personal information collected through our software, website or mobile application be disclosed?
- Do you take steps to safeguard information I provide through the site or mobile application?
- Does your site or mobile application contain links to other websites or social media platforms?
- If I am using the site from outside the United States will information collected through the site be transferred to the United States?
- How do you comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)?
- How will changes to this Policy be communicated?
- Who can I contact with questions regarding this Policy?
What types of information are collected through this software, site or mobile application?
We may collect a range of information, including personal information, through our software, site or mobile applications depending on which of our services are being used and the means by which our service is being accessed by the user (i.e., through our software, a website, or a mobile application).
Most of the information collected through our software, website and mobile application is technical in nature rather than personal information. For example, we collect temperature readings to indicate whether equipment in client facilities are functioning as expected and conditions being monitored for at client facilities, such as energy usage, ambient temperature, relative humidity, room temperature, and leak detection levels. This monitoring also may include information that identifies our client organization by name and the address of the client facility we are monitoring. In some instances, however, we also collect limited personal information through our software, site or application. This may include, for example, name, user name and password for individuals that authorized users or our software, site or mobile application. We also may collect information about user actions, such as when they log into our site, which features they utilize, crash logs, and when the user logs off.
We may collect information about the browser and/or device that you are using to access our website or mobile application (such as the type of browser or device you are using, browser settings, and the device identification number). Device information may or may not be personally identifiable depending upon whether it is linked to the identity of the user.
We may automatically log information, such as a user’s IP address, domain name, browser type, date and time of access, and other log file data. This information may be used to analyze trends or administer our websites and mobile applications. We may collect statistical or non-personally-identifiable information about our users, such as which pages are visited, how long a visitor stays on a particular page, the website from which a user came to our site, or similar such information. We also may collect aggregate information such as the total number of unique or return visitors to our site, using our application, or visiting a particular page in a given timeframe. We may use this information to measure the use of our sites and applications and to improve our content. We may use Google Analytics, a third party provider of analytics tools or a similar third party service to analyze information about visits to our website. For information about opting out of Google Analytics please visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Yes, we may utilize “cookies,” web beacons and other similar technologies on our website. We may use first and/or third party “browser” or “HTTP” cookies, which are unique text files that may be used for data analysis, and enable our website to tailor information for the visitor. We may use browser cookies for purposes such as to personalize the user’s experience on our site, manage user log-ins, or to track visits to our websites. We also may use “web beacons” (also referred to as pixel tags, clear gifs or other terms) or similar technologies to collect information such as how long a visitor remains on a particular page. If you do not want us to deploy browser cookies to your device when you visit our websites, you may set the browser to reject cookies or to notify the user when a web site tries to place cookies in the browser program (see below). Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of features offered by the website. If you use our website without setting your browser to block cookies, you consent to the placement of cookies on your device. We do not authorize third parties to collect information about visitors to our site over time and/or across different websites.
What choices do I have about online tracking and the placement of cookies on my device?
Some Internet browsers offer what often is referred to as “do not track” mechanisms for browser users to automatically signal privacy preferences to websites that they visit. Our site(s) do not currently respond to do-not-track-signals. You can exercise other choices available to you, however, including limiting the placement of browser cookies on your device using your browser’s cookie control features and other choices described in this Policy.
Safari Mobile (iPhones and iPads)
How is my information used?
We may use the information we collect through our software, site or mobile application for the following purposes:
- To respond to requests for information or to facilitate transactions or communications that users of our software, websites or mobile applications request;
- To carry out our contract with our customer;
- To improve and administer our software, websites and mobile applications;
- To better understand the needs of the users of our sites and mobile applications and create content that is relevant to the user;
- For marketing and market research purposes;
- To generate statistics and de-identified data;
- To personalize content for the user;
- To notify the user of any changes with our software, website or mobile application which may affect the user;
- Conduct data analysis, testing, and research (including for product development), and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends
- For historical, statistical or business planning purposes;
- To prevent fraud and investigate potential misconduct; or
- To comply with law and legal process.
What types of choices do I have about your collection and use of personal information about me?
You have a number of choices regarding our collection and use of information through our software, websites and mobile devices:
In cases where you are requested to affirmatively provide information, such as to complete a form, or an application, or a survey, you may decline to do so. Please understand, however, that in some cases certain information is required to complete a form or obtain access to product functionalities, and if you decline to provide the information requested you may not be able to use certain functionalities of our websites or mobile applications.
If you would like restrict our placement of cookies on your device, please see the FAQ “What Choices Do I Have About the Placement of Cookies on My Device?” above.
If you prefer that we no longer contact you by email, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer not to receive e-mail marketing messages from us, please use the opt-out instructions included in the email message to opt-out of additional communications.
You may be given additional choices in the context of particular preferences tools or functions that we make available through our software, website or mobile applications. For example, our software offerings may provide users with the ability to opt-out of certain data analytics and crash reporting.
Can I access and request correction of personal information I provide through the software, website or mobile application?
Yes. It is our policy, with certain exceptions, to provide individuals with access to personal information that M&M collects through its software, website or mobile application. In some cases, the tool you used may allow you to log-in to directly access and/or correct information you have provided. In other cases, such as web forms that you may submit through the site, if you would like to obtain a copy of the information you provided or request a correction, you can contact us at email@example.com . When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
How may personal information collected through our software, website or mobile application be disclosed?
- We may disclose information with your consent or as otherwise necessary or appropriate to process a transaction that you may request or as permitted by any applicable client agreement.
- We may disclose information that we collect through our websites or mobile applications with agents, affiliated businesses, and service providers providing services on our behalf.
- In the event that our company or some of our assets are sold or transferred or used as security or to the extent we engage in business negotiations with our business partners, the information collected through our software, website(s) or mobile application(s), may be transferred or shared with third parties as part of that transaction or negotiation.
- If we receive a request from law enforcement officials or judicial authorities to provide information on individuals, we may provide such information. In matters involving claims of personal or public safety or in litigation where the data is pertinent, we may use or disclose your personal information without a court order.
- We may use information you submit to investigate security breaches, misconduct, or otherwise cooperate with authorities pursuant to a legal matter.
Do you take steps to safeguard information I provide through the software, site or mobile application?
We recognize that you may be concerned about the security of your personal information and we are committed to employing reasonable technology in order to protect the security of our website. Even with such technology, no website is 100% secure. We take reasonable measures that we believe are appropriate to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We will ask any agents and service providers to whom we may transfer your information take comparable steps to protect that security.
If you use this site or mobile application, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user ID and password or other access credentials that you may be provided. You should notify us immediately if any user ID and password or other access credentials we may issue you are compromised.
Does your site contain links to other websites or social media platforms?
If I am using the site from outside the United States will information collected through the site be transferred to the United States?
Our website is designed primarily for users from the United States. By using this site, users from other countries consent to the transfer of any personal or other information collected to the United States and housed on servers in the United States and your information will be subject to use and disclosure in accordance with this Policy and applicable United States federal, state, and local law.
How do you comply with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)?
COPPA regulates the collection of personal information online from children under the age of 13. This site is not intended or designed to attract users under the age of 13 or to collect personal information from such users. We do not collect personally identifiable data from any person we know to be under the age of 13 and those under 13 should not submit any personal information through this site. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 13 we will remove the information from our files.
How will changes to this Policy be communicated?
Who can I contact with questions regarding this Policy?
If you have questions concerning our privacy practices, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org